About the Event
HR FOCUS MAGAZINE ORGANIZES HR FOCUS CONFERENCE AND AWARDS 2019
The HR Focus Africa Magazine has organized the eighth HR Focus Conference and the third HR Focus Awards. This year, the HR Focus Conference and Awards comprised the Vodafone HR Forum and Corporate Exhibitions and the HR Focus Awards.
The HR Focus Conference is designed to bring together top-level executives and business professionals with the aim of shared learning and discussions around a central theme, as well as networking. The Vodafone HR Forum, which was under the theme, “Agile Working; Redefining Productivity,” saw the gathering of over 250 professionals and business executives at the Ghana Shipper’s Authority, Ridge.
Keynote speaker for the programme was Mrs. Patricia Obo-Nai, CEO of Vodafone Ghana with panelists including Ms. Hannah Ashiokai Akrong, HR Director-Vodafone Ghana; Mr. William Easmon, HR Director – Barclays Ghana; Dr. Hazel Berrard Amuah, HR Director – Guinness Ghana Breweries Ltd, and Mr. Nashiru Iddrissu, Managing Director – Hollard Life.
During the forum, Mrs. Obonai mentioned, that for Agile Working to be successful, “organisations must provide the necessary tools and technology required for optimum performance.” She added that managers must relook at their processes and build a culture of trust so that employees are empowered to work where, when, and how they choose so long as they are delivering on their Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Panelists and participants delved in on Agile Working and its impact on business performance by bringing to light its benefits to firms and employees. Another key learning was the correlation between Agile Working and productivity.
The corporate exhibition, which saw companies showcasing their products, services, and HR processes, presented a great opportunity for networking and business growth.
The HR Focus Awards meted out over 27 awards to HR Practitioners and HR Teams across industries in Ghana to recognize and reward HR best practice in Ghana, with MTN Ghana Coming out as the overall best organisation and Dr. Hazel Berrard Amuah, HR Director – Guinness Ghana, being awarded the HR Practitioner of the Year. Honorary awards were also given to individuals and institutions for their innovative contributions to HR management and development in Ghana. Namely, Irene Asare – Tullow Ghana and the Institute of Human Resource Practitioners (IHRMP)
The guest of honour, Mr. CC Bruce – Group Chief Operating Officer, Enterprise Group addressed the HR Practitioners and business executives gathered. He said that in order for HR Practitioner and businesses to achieve the best out of their work, they must pursue purpose in their practice.
This year’s HR Focus Conference and Awards was sponsored by Vodafone Ghana, Bond Savings and Loans, Barclays Bank, Multichoice, Hollard Group, Samara, SIC Financial Services, Kasapreko, Enterprise Gorup, Petrosol, Opportunity International, Patholab, Zentech, Enclave Africa, L’AINE Services, Crystal Oasis, OLAM, Multimedia Group, Pent TV, and Sunny FM.
HR Focus Award Winners List
- Best HR Management in Financial Services – Barclays Bank
- Best HR Management in NGO – World Vision
- Best HR Management in Manufacturing – Guinness Ghana Breweries PLC
- Best HR Management in Healthcare – Nyaho Medical Centre
- Best HR Management in Energy & Natural Resources – Tullow Ghana
- Best HR Management in Media – Omni Media (Citi FM/Citi TV)
- Best HR Management in Telecommunication and IT – MTN Ghana
- Best HR Management in Public Sector – Food & Drugs Authority
- Best Organization in Learning & Development- MTN Ghana
- Best Organization in Employee Relations – MTN Ghana
- Best Organization in Rewards Management- Barclays Bank
- Best Organization in Performance Management – Newmont Ghana
- Best Organization in Recruitment & Selection – Vodafone Ghana
- Best Organization in HR Information Systems (HRIS) – Guinness Ghana Breweries PLC.
- Best Organization Organizational Culture – Barclays Bank
- Best Organization Employer Branding – MTN Ghana
- Best Organisation in Localization – Newmont Ghana
- Best Organisation in HSE, Wellbeing and Workplace – Vodafone Ghana
- Best Organisation in Diversity and Inclusion- MTN Ghana
- HR Team of the Year – AirtelTigo
- HR Rising Star of the Year- Victor Otsu – HRBP, Commercial Functions – Vodafone Ghana
- HR Manager of the Year- Abdallah Ibrahim – Manager, HR Strategy, Planning & Analytics – MTN Ghana
- HR-Oriented CEO of the Year – Dr. Elikem Tamaklo – Managing Director – Nyaho Medical Center
- HR Practitioner of the Year – Dr. Hazel Berrard Amuah – HR Director – Guiness Ghana Breweries Ltd.
- Overall Best Organization in HR Practice – MTN Ghana
- Honorary Award – Leadership in HR Innovation – Mrs. Irene Asare – Director of Business Services – Tullow Ghana
- Honorary Award – HR Influence & Development – Institute of Human Resource Management Practitioners, Ghana (IHRMP)